Due to COVID-19, we are currently not having Keeper Chats at the park.
See an animal up-close and talk to an animal keeper about how that species lives in the wild, what it eats, how it fits in the ecosystem, and more.
Although only the keeper touches the animals, this is an opportunity to see individual animals up close. Featured animals you could see at a trailside encounter include Ferrets, Prairie Dogs, Opossum, Invertebrates, Reptiles.
- 9:40 a.m. - Bear Aware: Learn a little more about black bears and how to safely live and recreate in bear country.
- 10:00 a.m. - Ambassador Animal Show: Watch keepers as they train our program animals.
- 10:40 a.m. - Bobcat Chat: Keepers educate the public about Bobcats while they feed.
- 11:40 a.m. - Otter Feeding: Help keepers feed our otters.
- 1:40 p.m. - Program Animal Meet-n-Greet: Get up-close and learn more about one of our many program animals.
- 2:00 p.m. - Ambassador Animal Show: Watch keepers as they train our program animals.
- 2:30 p.m. - Training/Enrichment Session: Watch keepers as they provide enrichment and work on training one of the animals in Fort Bearizona.